quarta-feira, 30 de março de 2011

War time, hard times!

After I finished my graduation I joined navy with my brother Joe on the nation's call in response to the World War II.  My brother was appointed as a flyer and sent on missions in Europe, where he was murdered during a mission. I was appointed at a post of Lieutenant on the Patrol Torpedo boat PT-109 which was deployed on South Pacific to stop the enemy ships from delivering food and ammunitions to Japanese soldiers. On 2 of August of 1943 a Japanese destroyer attacked us, I tried to save PT-109 but I couldn't help and some members of my team were killed. I were hit on my back where I had old injuries.

2 comentários:

  1. Impressive. You are a multi-talented man!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. John, I also joined the navy. Fortunately for me, I wasn't envolved in any situation as violent as that one.. Still, you have my support.

    ResponderEliminar